While I have to wait for getting my street blockage printed, I started to finish another diorama. First of all I wanted test my new grass tool. This tool I bought via Ebay in China and for the price of 35 USD I have to say it works perfectly. So I built a small train terrain with a lot of grass. As I had to put something on the rails, I decided to use my Russian train draisine. Here the first picture, I hope to get it done by end of next week.
Freitag, 22. Juni 2012
Montag, 11. Juni 2012
From a French Military Magazine I got a sketch from some Italian and German fortifications in Italy during WWII. I used one of these drawings to create a 3D drawing out of it. So I got a much better feeling for the structure and the dimensions of the obstacle.
Here one of the existing pictures showing the road blockage during the fighting. I believe it was The Luftwaffen Unit “Hermann Goering” who fought in this area.
While I searched the Internet for more information I found a very interesting blog, here you can find some other pictures.
So for me it looks like that these road blockages existed in several places with some smaller variations.
Some other pictures you can find on this Italian page: http://giuseppe-peluso.blogspot.com/2011/10/il-posto-di-blocco-costiero-di-arco.html
Here my 3D file for the road blockage: