Freitag, 28. Juli 2017

Sd. Anh. 121 Kässbohrer not Culemeyer but a 1/144 tank transporter

Sd. Anh. 121 Kässbohrer not Culemeyer but a 1/144 tank transporter

It was more an accident than a real plan that I started with this new trailer for tank transportation. I knew a bit about it when I was looking for my Culemeyer trailer. Then I heard, there was another design out, but , year not not too much information was found. So I finished the Culemeyer design and thought that's it. But this weekend I was searching for a French truck, a Bernhard, which was used by the French Army for tank transportation, when I found again my Kässbohrer. There was a discussion that many writers told it a Culemeyer design but it should be a design from the German company Kässbohrer. They are very famous for their buses and - for the "Pistenbully". No idea what a Pistenbully is? Google it, you will be surprised.  In the past Kässbohrer had again designed a heavy tank transporter but for the German Bundeswehr. It is called "Elefant" or and it is a very impressive set, trailer and truck. I believe the official name is "Panzertransporter SLT 50 3 Elefant".

Back to my new Sonderanhänger 121. First stop was at KFz. of the Wehrmacht, there it was confirmed, the correct number was Sd. Anh. 121.  So it would be my third sondernanhänger after the 115, the 116 and now the 121.
Google showed me very fast the few original pictures, all taken after the war. The best was from a show in Strasbourg and it shows a King Tiger on his Journey to the USA.
So there is a model which you can buy in the scale 1/35 from a German company. Here I found a short report about that kit, which gave me enough ideas to design it by myself.

After less than one saturday afternoon and a longer night it was done.


1/144 Sd. Anh. 121

1/144 not a Culemeyer but a tank transporter

1/144 side view of Sd. Anh. 121

at the moment the kit will come without the ramps




Here a picture from the original one, source for the picture is the National archive NARA:


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Please fell free to leave a comment

10/52 Autocannone da 90/53 su Autocarro Semicingolato Breda 61

  Breda Autocannone da 90/53 in 1/144 Neben dem Lancia 3 Ro gab es noch weitere Fahrzeuge die als Trägerfahrzeug für die Autocannone 90/53 d...